GIRLS TRIP: PARIS

Hi everyone! Long time no write (not a thing?). Not going to lie, nothing really felt as great or worth writing about as being engaged did so I've held off from blogging for a little while after the last post. But I'm back! And coming at you with a super fun post that I've been excited to write since we even planned this trip a couple months ago. If the title hadn't given it away already, me and a few of my best girls hopped on a train to the city of love and Disneyland for a few days of fun, food and friends...




So I thought I'd share a little bit about our trip, some travel tips on how to maximise your time in the city and on a budget, and also of course, lots of pictures with some of my favourite people! I'm splitting this post into tow parts because there are too many pictures for one post and I mean, anticipation right?

Anyway, let's get into it. We met at London St. Pancras at some ungodly hour in the morning to catch the first train to Gare Du Nord in Paris, and even though my face said tired, my heart said happy and the excitement in our little girls group was SO real. The train only takes about 2 hours straight there (there are options to get the train straight to Disneyland from London but these mostly run in peak times. Think school and seasonal holidays. But if you choose to travel when all the kids go back to school like sensible humans, it's best to go to Paris and get the RER to Disney. But more on that later...) But of course, none of us slept and our conversation was probably way too enthusiastic for that time of the morning- sorry other commuters!

Here are the beautiful humans I went with:

This is Nataly - she's the sweetest, pinkest, most Disney loving person ever (and that's saying something coming from me) She was the mastermind behind the plan and is behind most of the amazing pics you'll see from the trip. She's also an incredible wedding photographer and you can find her blog here

Here's Phoebe - she's way too cool and every outfit she wears is so great. If you don't believe me that her life is just taken straight from Kinfolk magazine, have a look at her Instagram here. She's also super funny, sarcastic (in the best way) and an all round great friend. Plus, she's very cool, did i mention that?

This is Angelica - a real life angel! She's a Psychological Therapist (really, I would recommend great therapist friends to help coach you onto scary rides that you end up loving lol, friend perks) with the biggest heart, is always happy and so so sweet and encouraging. Everyone needs an ange! Also, she is a real life Princess Jasmine. You can find her blog, where she talks about mental health and encouragement, here! 

Last but not least, this is Chantelle - we actually met for the first time properly that morning, after only briefly meeting a few months ago. But I'm so glad we did and that she could come on the trip (Nataly surprised her with tickets last minute! Refer to my earlier point of her being a good friend haha) because she's the sweetest person, so encouraging and kind and also, so beaut?! She ended up being my ride buddy for most of our Disney day and fully let me hold her hand on rides I was a wimp on and if that's not a sign of someone who's a great friend, I don't know what is! 

Basically these girls are so great and I'm so thankful for them and our time together!

Bellies filled with pastries and hot drinks just like the french, we hopped off the train (lol I know what song has just come into your head and you can thank me for having that stuck in there all day now) and headed straight to Trocaderro on the Metro which has the best views of the Eiffel tower! As we were only in the city for one day, we bought 4 single metro tickets which worked out at about 7 euros in total, and these worked well for what we had planned. Of course, if we had more places we wanted to visit, we would have bought at all day travel card for 25 euros, which we have done before.




We actually stopped off at a supermarket to pick up some baguettes, cheese, salami and drinks before finding the perfect spot near the Eiffel Tower to have a picnic. We ended up sitting there for hours just talking, laughing and taking in the sun that had just started to appear in the sky. Honestly, Paris in the summer is a DREAM and I fell in love with it all over again.

After spending the morning wandering around, we headed to Montmatre known as the art district and home to the Basilica du Sacré-Coeur,. It's also worth noting at this point that it is one giant hill. So yeah, be prepared for that. I hadn't actually been to this part of the city before and it was so beautiful and quaint. Think Belle's town from Beauty and the Beast and you've probably got a pretty accurate picture in your mind of what it looks like.




We spent the rest of the afternoon wandering round the cobbled streets, admiring the art, picking up postcards and then enjoying the yummiest nutella crepe with whipped cream when we were craving more sugar and an energy pick-me-up. When in Rome right?!

When we were all walked out, we sat on the steps of the Sacré-Coeur in the sunshine, channelling our inner Blair and Serena on the steps of the MET and relaxed. I love friend that you can spend all day with and still have lots to talk and dream about. 





We headed back to our hotel which was nearer Disneyland, checked in and headed straight out to grab some pizza from the pizzeria near our hotel which was super yummy, before heading back into our comfy clothes and getting excited about our big Disney day in the morning! Side note: sleepovers with 5 girls is so much fun especially when you're all overtired, high on sugar and the prospect of roller coasters and Disney the next day. We probably stayed up later than we should have, but I wouldn't have had it any other way!

Stay tuned for the best part of the trip, I promise it's a good one... 


No comments