WHY BANK HOLIDAYS ARE GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL













Bank Holiday. The two little words that send the whole of the UK into an endorphin-filled frenzy and get everyone dusting off their BBQ's, buying Waitrose out of house and home, and help make the two weeks that sandwich either side of the golden weekend a little more bearable... 
Usually it's not warm enough to spend an entire weekend in Britain outside, but, much to myself and everyone else's surprise, we were #blessed with the warmest weather we've had in a while because this summer can't make up its mind. This was great because not only did it mean that everywhere smelt like burning sausages and everyone looked like burning sausages, but also that I could fill my long weekend up with fun times with friends and family, enjoying the weather as well and because it was an extra fun weekend, I wanted to share it on here so I can look back on it in like a week when it probably snows again.


SATURDAY started off in the nicest way. Firstly, I slept in past 6am which hasn't happened in a while, and then I came down to fresh orange juice and croissants for breakfast which I ate on my balcony listening to my 'Have a Great Day!' playlist  - which I would highly recommend by the way - before getting dressed in an outfit that wasn't made up of thermals and heading for a family lunch and walks in the sun (and I'm pretty sure josh had a great time despite his face in the fourth picture but he had just landed at 7am from a flight so i'll let him off...)





SUNDAY was as fun as every sunday is for me, but what made it extra special this week was celebrating my sweet friend Tish's birthday (aka rearranging a hangout for her because she hates her birthday but we all like her soooo) and headed to Regents park after a pit stop to buy a rug to sit on (lol) and a trip to Patty & Bun for essential burgers (and added pickles) and fries to enjoy the evening outside, laughing, singing to questionable Elton John songs and drinking apple juice that definitely should have been kept in the fridge.

MONDAYwas a day full of food and sun and being by the sea which was just what I needed after this loooooooong long winter. It's been a while since I had my legs out / wore a dress, so when Nataly told me we were taking a roadtrip to the beach over the bank holiday weekend, the panic shave and fake tan prep was real...

Last minute outfit panic set in before I remembered this bargain dress from topshop I bought in the midst of winter last year (£39 down to £9, obviously great planning ahead from me) and the new granny bag I've surprised myself with how much I like, so the road trip commenced and we set off to the sunny seaside town of Margate for sun and sweet treats.

But of course, everyone else in the whole world was also heading to the beach, so what should have taken us 1.5 hours to get there, turned into 3, meaning we didn't have agessssss to enjoy everything it had to offer, but plenty of time to have some fun and take some cute pictures and find a Riverdale style diner to enjoy some good old fashion burgers and fizzy drinks in. (Also, that riverdale ending!! anyone else shook or just me? comment below so I know i'm not alone!)

Obviously Nataly the photographer extrordinare saw an opportunity to get some good views of this ferris wheel, so there we were climbing to the top floor of a car park to get the perfect shot... Coachella or Margate? You decide.















(Photos: natalyjphotography.com)

So this bank holiday was very much needed after too much time spent indoors or at my work desk and it was nice just to wake up, relax and feel more like myself again. And i'm already looking forward to the next one.

BBQ at mine anyone?


Jess x



1 comment