GIRLS TRIP: DISNEYLAND

Finally, the day had come, we were off to Disneyland Paris! We all set our alarms bright and early, and if you saw Nataly's Instagram story, you would know how gently and softly she woke some of us up... Just kidding, there was a lot of screaming, high-pitched 'IT'S DISNEY DAY' and various movie soundtracks playing like the cool, calm and collected grown-ups we are
So after breakfast (side note: in France it's totally acceptable, encouraged even, to have cheese with breakfast and I'm here for that) we headed to the park. Our hotel was in Val d'Europe which was essentially created by The Walt Disney Company who wanted to make a town close to Marne-la-Vallee, which is where Disneyland Paris is! That was boring, I'm a nerd, but what I wanted to say was that the hotel was really close to the park so we were there in about 10 minutes, and with time before the park opened to go and buy new Minnie ears (of course) and check our bags into storage so we could go on all the rides!

As soon as the park opened, we went to Walt Disney Studios as that's where most of the rides we wanted to go on were, and we ran to Crush's Coaster in the hope that the wait would be short for the BEST RIDE EVER. But of course, it was somehow already on a 45 minute wait. Darn you Disney Hotel guests with your extra park magic hours. So instead, we headed for another favourite ride, the Hollywood Tower Of Terror! I have a love hate relationship with this ride, in that I love it after but hate it before and during. Anyone else relate?


All smiles after the ride had finished and everything was good again because we were on the ground and not plummeting down a 'haunted' elevator shaft. 

Then the girls headed to Rock'n'Rollercoaster but after my traumatic experience last time (no thanks to my loving fiance) I thought I'd skip that one. Just kidding, I'm being dramatic because it was too fast and loopy the last time I went on which I was not told about beforehand (cough Josh cough) and I just wasn't feeling it that time in the morning. But it was all ok because I went and got GROOT BREAD instead. Okay, it was actually a nutella stuffed Groot Cookie because the bread had sold out but it was probably the best thing I ate all day and I only felt a little guilty about eating the cutest Marvel character of all time.


This was the moment when Nataly suggested being scared of the monsters and I was all ?!?! because we were going into Boo's door with Mike so like, we'd be the monsters? Serious debates. 

I've been lucky enough to have been to Disneyland three times in a row now, and still I can never get over when you walk through the gates and see the baby pink Disney hotel just there all big and beautiful. I'd really love to stay there one day in one of the rooms with the little balcony's. Maybe one day!

It was so hot all day, around 29-30 degrees, which was great because I've never been when it's not been Christmas and cold, so it was fun to experience a different side to it. But it also meant that it was quite busy and the wait times for rides could be long. However, saying that, we downloaded the Disneyland Paris app and the 'MagiPark' app before we went, which gives you real time wait times. This meant we basically planned our day around the ride times and the longest we had to queue was around 50 minutes for Crush's coaster, but considering that was on 70-85 mins wait all day, that was pretty good going. Everyone just loves that ride! We ended up going on about 10 rides including all the big ones, which was pretty good going for only being there one day. Still yet to go on Peter Pan's Flight yet though.


This picture was hilarious to try and take and let's just say it involved running, strategic planning, quick fire picture taking and a chain of willing participants. But we all love Dumbo!



We ate at Bella Notre's Pizzeria which is inspired by Lady and the Tramp (the cute iconic scene where they eat pasta and kiss. Yeah you know the one) and we had a little pizza pit stop after our busy ride hopping. Josh and I ate here last time we came and it's pretty good food for a not too extortionate (I mean everything is pretty pricey at Disney) price. And who doesn't love Mickey shaped pizza?! There are SO many places to eat at the parks though, and even if you don't fancy a big meal, you can get lots of snacks, sweets, ice-creams, candy floss, hot dogs, retro coke stands and just general healthy foods (lol) around the park.




I've never actually been to Adventureland before because I had it in my head that it was all pirates and stuff I didn't really care about haha but there was some fun rides there, and cute little themed spots like a Jungle Book restaurant so it's definitely worth a visit!



And then of course, the main event. You've seen it a million times on Instagram, maybe in real life, but definitely in the movies... The Sleeping Beauty Castle! It's so beautiful up close and you can go up into the tower for views over the park, as well as down in the dungeon for a dragon themed surprise. I mean, I definitely gave the surprise away. There's a dragon down there ok! 


Cue lots of pictures of us enjoying said healthy treats mentioned earlier, and standing in front of the Disney castle for photos like the millennials we are.



We're not related...



So yeah, that pretty much concludes the best trip ever! Seriously, if you've not grabbed your girl friends and booked a short break together, what are you waiting for? I promise you'll have the best time. And if it involves Disney? It's the perfect combination. 



Pictures: mostly Nataly Jennings, check her out here! 





No comments