MAMASON'S DIRTY ICE CREAM

When one of your closest friends tells you she's taking you to a place that does, quote: "The best Hot Chocolate" she's ever tasted, you don't say no. But when she adds onto that sentence that the place we're going to swaps out your classic milk cocoa for a Filipino VEGETABLE called an Ube, suddenly you begin to question her judgement. But after spending approximately 2 hours and taking a casual 100 photos of Mamasons, boy was I eating my words (and all the delicious Ube treats)...




So Nataly convinced me to try the Ube hot chocolate at Mamasons which came complete with the sweetest lilac home made Ube cream on top and if I could describe the flavour (which I am not very good at so maybe just go and try it for yourself) it would be of a really creamy and slightly sweeter malt drink. That doesn't sound very convincing and I am really not the best food critic ever but long story short it was amazing.

They also do Ube ice-cream (which was even better than the hot chocolate) and a whole host of other sweet treats if you're not fully convinced to try the purple vegetable. Also, can we talk about these interiors? Lilac (check) palm leaves (check) velvet (check) marble tables and gold hardware? It was like my dream room.

The staff here are also the lovliest people you will ever meet, and I think they're quite a small team of people who just really love what they do and the products they create for people to enjoy and you can really tell because everything just feels so authentic even down to the hand printed paper cups. 

I recently followed them on Instagram and they shared some behind the scened of the team experimenting with different flavours and products for new treats to introduce in store and I just love that! There aren't many places that are doing everything right like this anymore and I think I've found my new favourite place that I plan on eating out of house and home. 

So if you're in the Camden/Kentish town area, stop by and have an Ube hot choc... you'll probably see me in there too!



No comments